Due to the COVID-19 situation, many passengers cancel their flight and questions arise in their mind: can airlines change your flight without compensation? This is the basic query asked by a traveler and for that he should know about the flight compensation rules as well.
Compensation in case of a Flight Change
For getting compensation for a flight change, the flight should have notified their travelers about the change less than 14 days before the flight.
The schedule for the change is have either of the things:
- Flight cancellation.
- A flight change (which includes that flight number is different from than the one which you have originally booked)
If we talk about the compensation amount, then it varies on the amount based on when you were notified and the length of the journey. The amount varies between 125 and 600€ per passenger. You can use the Compensation Calculator below to know how much the airline owes you.
Flight Compensation Rules
The compensation rules in case of a flight change is as follows:
- The airline has arranged an alternate flight for the passengers within an hour, then you cannot get the amount back of the missed flight.
- In case, the airline fails to get the airlines, then you can surely get the compensation amount which is basically equal to 200% of the booked one-way and additional charge of online.
- You are also subject to a maximum of Rs. 10,000 in case the airline set out another flight scheduled to depart within 24 hours of the booked arranged departure.
- Also, any of the airline does not arrange the flight, then you will be entitled to get a compensation of the amount which is equal to 200% of booked one-way plus fuel charge of airline, subject to
- If the airline arranges an alternative flight after 24 hours of the original departure time then, you will receive compensation of 400% of booked one-way flight plus fuel charge of the airline, subject to a max of Rs. 20,000.
There are flight compensation rules due to covid 19. You are entitled to get compensation for it from the side of the airlines.
Flight time Changes after Booking
It is the general policy of the airlines that when you book a flight, you agree on its schedule. But, at times all airlines have the right to change the time slot of the airlines and sometimes the date too as per the general terms and conditions. So, in that case, the airline does not guarantee its passengers and stresses that those which are not part of the contract for carriage.
Hence you are eligible to get a change with the airlines with the compensation. Policies are also mentioned for the flight change as well.
- Are flights cheaper on Tuesdays?
- How do I get promo codes for flights?
- How do I book an airline group flight?
- What happens if you check in online but miss your flight
- How to Get a Refund When Your Flight Price Drops After Booking
- How can I make a flight reservation without paying?
- What is a Covered Reason for Trip Cancellation?
- What rights do I have if airline changes my flight?
- How much does it cost to reschedule a flight?
- Can I get a refund if my flight time is changed?