New York City on a budget
If you are planning to go to beautiful New York City but are on a tight budget and wondering How can I go to NYC on a budget? As New York city was named of the ten most expensive cities in the world, and if you are planning a travel to this major commercial, financial and cultural center, which has iconic skyscrapers such as sprawling Central Park and Empire State Building. Keep on reading the information below to find out tips for cheap travel to New York City.
10 Tips For Cheap Travel To New York
- Use the subway to get around- If you know how to use public transportation, then the journey and commuting around the city will be cheaper because the subways are easy to use, safe, and extensive. We get it can be a little intimidating for first-time users, but it's so worth it. A single ride will cost you less than $3, which is so less in comparison to the $40–$60 you may spend on taxi and uber services. You can also get an unlimited pass for the subway for one week.
- Avoid staying in Manhattan- if you think about where to stay in new york so it doesn't consume your travel time and budget, then the tip for staying in New York City on a Budget is not to stay in Manhattan as there are other hotels and Air BnB that can get you much better deals. And other neighborhoods like Brooklyn and places like Williamsburg and Park Slope are full of New York charm and energy, as you can get tons of awesome restaurants, bars, bodegas, and parks. You can find many three stars hotels that are really good for a stay and will charge you $100/night compared to one in Manhattan.
- Eat like a local- one of the best ways to keep the trip budget within the limit is by eating in the local eateries like local people use to eat. You can use halal food, breakfast cart bagels, $1 pizza slices, and more. Great advice for you is that ask the locals for the joints such as cheap falafel, dollar dumplings, and the best happy hour deals around.
- Plan your trip for the winter- New York travel prices can be at their peak during the travel season. Flight tickets, hotel prices, and taxi prices will all get increased during peak travel seasons, so if you are thinking of traveling, then try to travel in winter. If you are thinking will it be cold, then the answer is Yes, probably. But there is a different thing about New York. In winter, you can experience hot chocolate, ice skating, and holiday decorations; it's an enchanting time of year to visit, and you can also save many bucks on traveling.
- Explore the city's amazing parks- New York central park is breathtaking, and you can check out our great trails, zoo, and beautiful lakes, but there are some amazing parks that you can also explore.
- Prospect Park: located alongside the fantastic Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. You can spend your entire afternoon exploring every nook and cranny of the park and take a relaxing sunbath nap.
- Washington Square Park: There is always something interesting happening in Washington square park. It is the center of the vibrant Greenwich Village neighborhood, and it is also home to New York University, which makes it a youthful, lively spot. You can find people around you playing chess, enjoying the scenery, and listening to live music.
- Riverside Park: this park doesn't have many people, but it is a great location to be in. Riverside Park goes along the Hudson River parallel to Columbia University's campus on the Upper West Side. Tourists can also check out President Ulysses S. Grant's tomb.
- Check out all the awesome, free historical sights- if you are crazy about history, then you are lucky because New York City is overflowing with historical monuments, landmarks, and memorials. And as they are public places, they are totally free to check out. Some of the popular locations that have history are the Civil War arch north of Prospect Park, Alexander Hamilton's grave at Trinity Church, and Grant's tomb. You should check these history sites for sure, and you can ask a local history buff to make you a map so you can easily check out the locations.
- Locate the cheaper versions of typical tourist destinations- you can try to avoid the popular tourist traps which are available on travel sites and see New York like a local, as there are tons of methods to experience classic NYC activities (like comedy shows and bakery crawls which can be cheap for you and will be with less crowd. So Instead of the Comedy Cellar, you can explore the open-mic night. There are many theaters and bars that showcase free comedy open mic nights to entertain their guests. We cannot promise you about the show or comedy as it can be hit or miss, but you can find some gems there. The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater is known as a local favorite, so you can explore it.
ReservationsDeal 05 Sep, 2023
ReservationsDeal 05 Aug, 2023
ReservationsDeal 29 Jul, 2023
ReservationsDeal 07 Jul, 2023
ReservationsDeal 28 Jun, 2023
ReservationsDeal 27 Jun, 2023
ReservationsDeal 27 Jun, 2023
ReservationsDeal 26 Jun, 2023
ReservationsDeal 22 Jun, 2023
ReservationsDeal 19 Jun, 2023
What is the best month to visit New Jersey?
What is the Best Airline to Fly to Hawaii?
KLM Group Booking Discount
Do airlines offer senior citizen flight discounts?
Can you get a discount if you buy multiple plane tickets?
Air France Group Booking
Turkish Airlines Change Flight
Lufthansa Group Booking
Vistara Group Booking
United Airlines Group Booking
How can I change my flight date after booking?
How much does it cost you to travel to Las Vegas?
How much does a trip to Hawaii cost?
What is the best month to visit Hawaii?
What is the Cheapest Month to Visit San Francisco?
For quick response,
please call us @ +1800-630-3454